With in the enchanting rain forest of the Virungas in northern Rwanda, mountain gorilla tracking is not-to-miss adventure that adventure seekers look for in the country. The famed Volcanoes National Park Rwanda offers travelers the opportunity to see the last remnant population of the endangered mountain gorillas.
Rwanda is no ordinary destination. It offers travelers not only a great gateway to escape from life hassles and stress but also to experience nature and wildlife in well protected areas. The rare feeling of meeting the silver back and its family members after a tough rewarding gorilla trek creates truly a life changing experience in the life of every tourist who take on the challenge. The magical and changing sequence of the gorilla encounter creates a relaxing mind set as you meet up with several forest beauties. Colorful birds and monkeys cheer up the journey until the final meeting of the mountain gorillas. The abstractions they cause make you forget the hassles and challenging walks you have experience in the past few hours. Smiles and happy expressions fill up trekker’s faces as they proceed with the day search. Those with walking sticks rest on them as they gain more strength to carry on with the rewarding forest walk.
Interestingly, everyone is invited to join the gorilla tracking expedition as they explore the natural beauty of the rain forest. Simple challenging hikes and treks, morning meet ups with the park rangers together with other day’s trackers from different corners of the world prepare you even more for the life time adventure. After briefing and trekking through the forest, the experience clears off the mind and turns everything into memories that are celebrated for generations. Indeed Rwanda gorilla tracking offers a ultimate experience for those looking for natural jungle primate adventures. By the way to track Rwanda mountain gorillas, the logic is simple, simply spare 1-3 days to engage in the life changing adventure. One must have a Rwanda gorilla permit as a must and a valid travel document “passport” for issues of verification. When you engage in a Rwanda gorilla tracking tour, it’s another way of supporting the primate conservation drive that is aimed to serve generations. Besides some percentage of the gorilla permit fee goes to the local community for their well being in terms of health, Education and sanitation.
- The most popular adventure activity carried out in Rwanda is gorilla tracking. Tourist taking gorilla tours in Rwanda feel happy and joyful to see their wish come true – watching the mountain gorillas in the natural forest of Volcanoes National Park.
- Visit the Lake Kivu Region and enjoy a leisurely holiday at Rwanda’s beast beaches. Within the islands there are many other attractions.
- The Volcanoes National Park is not only home to the mountain gorillas but also other primates. Don’t leave the park without tracking the golden monkeys, the rare primate that can only be seen in PNV and Mgahinga.
- Pay tribute to the works of Dian Fossey by visiting the Karisoke Research Center. Visit the Tomb of Dian Fossey a gorilla idol in history featured in the famous “Gorillas in the Mist” movie. For Mountain climbers and hikers, Bisoke and Karisimbi volcanoes wait each day for your visit and tap what they have for you.
What is the Best Duration for a Rwanda Holiday
Though most travelers prefer to take shorter Rwanda Safaris, there are many exciting trips that are offered by different tour operators. Some tour offers also combine visiting the most popular attractions in Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
- A 1-2 days volcano hiking tour to these lovely volcanoes is rewarding and allow tourists to deepen their hiking experience as they explore the beauty of the land of thousand hills and views.
Safari Companies to Travel With
There are several safari companies in Rwanda. Most tour operators offer general tours with few specialists! However most of the Rwanda safaris focus on gorilla trekking in the Volcanoes National Park. Please note that there are a few agencies offering scheduled tours and you are most likely to experience a scheduled safari. Below is a selection of recommended tour operators in Rwanda:
Gorilla Trek Rwanda: www.gorillatrekrwanda.com – Gorilla Trek Rwanda specializes in organizing gorilla tours in Rwanda. Book from day trips to the gorillas in Volcanoes National Park to tailormade trips that include game viewing, golden monkey tracking, cultural tours and more.
St. Peters House, Kigali
Tel: +250 782 338608
Gorilla Safaris Adventure: www.gorillasafarisadventure.com – Gorilla Safaris Adventure offers private tours to Rwanda, Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). We also organise hiking tours to Nyiragongo Mountains in Eastern Congo
Lets Go Tours Rwanda: www.rwandasafariafrica.com – Based in Remera Kigali, Lets Go Tours Rwanda is one of the top travel agencies offering a wide range of safaris.
Address: God is Able House, Tel: +250 788 461913, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a recommendation for a good safari tour operator in Rwanda? Let us know.