Looking for ways to fill your time this summer? I have some ideas:
- Visit the Fort Worth Zoo’s newest attraction: Texas Nature Traders. Traders bring in nature items (such as rocks and fossils) in exchange for points. Redeem your points (or save them for future use) for items in the Nature Trader inventory. Click here to learn more.
- Go camping.
- Keep a nature journal.
- Complete a scavenger hunt at the Fort Worth Zoo.
- Listen at night for different animal calls, such as owls, frogs, and insects.
- Visit a state park and go for a hike.
- Complete some of my Earth Day activities and celebrate conservation year-round!
- Check out my teacher resources or STAAR activities for more fun ideas.
Be sure to keep yourself and wildlife safe! Here are some tips:
- Wear sunscreen and bug spray. While you’re at it, wear a hat, too!
- Use binoculars to view wild animals. Don’t get too close, and definitely don’t touch!
- Eliminate standing water so mosquitos don’t have a place to lay eggs.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Keep an eye on your pets, and be sure to bring them and their food inside at night when nocturnal animals are most active.
- Be smart and safe in the water this summer. If you go fishing, check out this fishing safety video.
You won’t hear from me too much this summer since I’ll be busy exploring, but I’ll check in about once a month. Get ready, because this fall I’ll be back for a whole new school year of adventures! Until next time … happy exploring!